Sophos Mobile Control is a leading Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution that secures mobile devices and protects corporate data, without impacting employee productivity. Sophos Mobile Control work on the principle of compliance checks, where server regularly checks registered devices to see if they adhere to security policies. If they fail to adhere, either the admin can trigger a specific action, or a pre-defined remediation action may start.
• Mobile Device Management (MDM),
• Mobile Content Management (MCM),
• Mobile Application Management (MAM) and
• Mobile Email Management (MEM).
Sophos Mobile Control features:
• Secure mobile devices. Establish and enforce mobile security policies and monitor the device status. Automatic remediation assures devices remain safe and corporate data secure.
• Protect data on mobiles. Containerization ensures the highest level of security while enhancing the user experience by separating business and personal data. Users can personalize their device usage while keeping their personal environment isolated from the corporate one. Precautions can be taken, including various levels of encryption to protect business data. Encryption protects the data within the container. File encryption can be added for an additional layer of security if files need to be shared outside the company.
• Email Container. Sophos Secure Email provides a secure containerized solution for email, calendar, and contacts. Corporate provisioned email and related calendar and contacts are isolated from other email applications on the device.
• Content Container. Enable productivity in a secure way by giving user access to the documents they need. Employees can share and collaborate internally and externally and IT can assure that all corporate documents are protected and encrypted.
• Corporate Browser. IT can provide secure browsing access to the most used corporate sites. Sophos corporate browser also supports single sign-on to corporate intranet sites and other frequently accessed websites.
• Native OS Containers. Support for Native OS containers includes Samsung Knox and iOS managed settings.
• Keep everyone productive. Proactively manage mobile devices with an interactive dashboard which helps IT address compliance and device issues instantly. Reduce risk of data breaches by blocking network access for non-compliant devices. The Self-Service Portal allows users to register their own devices and perform tasks such as a password reset, check their compliance status and decommission a device. That makes it ideal for customers considering Bring Your Own Device, as this takes a lot of burden away from IT staff.
SMC is available in two versions: for on-premise installation or as Software as a Service which is hosted on Sophos Central cloud.